Translate

Saturday 26 May 2012

OZARK DOLLS, DOLLS FROM GHANA and ("Been Fishin' " diorama)

I have now added OZARK dolls from Arkansas (United States of America), dolls from GHANA, West Africa, and a new DIORAMA, "Been Fishin'  ", to the website.
For more pictures and further information about the dolls, please see the website.  Thank you.  Carole.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
(an Ozark doll)
(Website Id:  America - United States of America - 0022)  
 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
(Arkansas Joan - an Ozark woman)
(Website Id:  America - United States of America - 0023)  
 GHANA
(Website Id:  Africa - Ghana - 007)
 GHANA
(Website Id: - Africa - Ghana - 006 and 006A)
 GHANA 
(Website Id:  Africa - Ghana - 0010)
  * * * *
"BEEN FISHIN' " (Diorama).
This is "Duncan MacTrowt" and he has "Been Fishin'!"   He is a "tall" man measuring just over 6" high. I made him with a cloth over pipecleaner body.  His head, hands and boots are made of Fimo and he has painted features and sheepswool hair, beard and moustache.  I made his spectacles with fuse wire.  I made the bench and table in approximately 1990 with some scrap solid oak wood which was given to me by a coffin maker!   (The oak was thirty years old in 1990).   I made this scene simply to use up a spare fishing rod which I made in 1990.  I used the one part of a press-stud fastener for the reel.  I have also made the fish, the cat and the fruit in the bowl with Fimo.  The fishing net hanging on the wall is part of a sleeping net which I bought in a chemist shop and I made the yellow waterproofs and sou'wester from a pair of rubber kitchen gloves.  The denim bag on the floor, and the mat, were made from pieces of scrap fabric.  The small round table on the right was a wooden puzzle which I cut a round wooden top for.  The tiles on the floor are 1/12th." scale terracotta tiles from a dolls house supplier.  A friend made the cross-stitch  "Bless this house" picture by using one thread of embroidery cotton.  The wellingtons on the floor were originally green and were bought in a National Trust shop.  I painted them black. 
I made the diorama in 2012.

"BEEN FISHIN' "
(Website Id: - (Dioramas) Europe - 0038 and 0038A)

* * * * * * *

No comments: