Translate

Sunday 6 January 2013

DOLLS FROM INDIA, FRANCE, UKRAINE and WALES

HAPPY NEW YEAR
TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS!
Here are some beautiful dolls from INDIA (some of my favourites!), FRANCE, UKRAINE and WALES.
As always, for more pictures and more information about the dolls, please see the website.  Thank you.
For those of you who like to see my dolls houses and dioramas, I will be putting another of my dolls houses on here shortly, (time permitting!).

 INDIA (Gujarati Tribal doll)
(Website Id:  Asia - India - 0032, 0032A and 0032B)
 INDIA - (Gujarati Tribal doll)
(Website Id:  Asia - India - 0034, 0034A and 0034B)
 FRANCE - (pair of Santon dolls)
(Website Id:  Europe - France - 0039)
 FRANCE - (Provence region)
(I think this is Provence region, but I am not certain).
(Website Id:  Europe - France - 0040)
 UKRAINE
(Website Id:  Europe - Ukraine - 008)
 WALES - (spinner doll)
(Website Id:  Europe - Wales - 0032) 
 * * * * * * *

4 comments:

DollMum said...

An intriguing set of dolls. Is the France Provence doll made of wax or porcelain?

World Costume Dolls said...

Thank you! Do you mean the France (Provence) doll on her own, as the pair of Santon dolls are also from Provence? The little doll on her own (which I think is from Provence?) is made of plastic, but quite a nice "older" plastic, which looks more realistic than the modern plastic. Thank you for your comment.

Sacha said...

Really like your Gujarati Tribal dolls.One of the best parts of your collection I think is the number or great tribal dolls from different countries you have.Happy New Year to you too!

World Costume Dolls said...

Thank you! The Tribal dolls are actually my favourite dolls. I just find them SO interesting.